- Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival A scarecrow or hay-man is a mannequin made in the shape of a human and dressed in old clothes. More than 250 scarecrows can be found in the town of Meaford this weekend. This is a FREE family event that features a scarecrow parade and festival starting at 6pm on Friday October 2nd 2015.
- Apple Harvest Craft Show One of the largest craft shows in Ontario takes place in Meaford October 3rd and 4th 2015. Over 200 artisans come to the show to sell a variety of uniquely created crafts.
- Blue Mountains Apple Pie Trail Visit the Town of Blue Mountains and follow the trail to discover areas within the region that sell a variety of apple products.
- Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Port Elgin is holding a festival this weekend that features a contest between farmers to grow the largest pumpkin and other farm produce. In 2004, a record for the world’s largest pumpkin was awarded at this event.
- 12th Annual Hiking Festival Bruce Penninsula The Bruce Trail Club is hosting a Hiking Festival from October 2nd to the 4th 2015. Join the Trail Club to discover some of the most scenic parts of the Bruce Trail.