- Meaford Scarecrow Invasion and Family Festival A scarecrow or hay-man is a mannequin made in the shape of a human and dressed in old clothes. More than 250 scarecrows can be found in the town of Meaford this weekend. This is a FREE family event that features a scarecrow parade and festival starting at 6pm on Friday October 2nd 2015.
- Apple Harvest Craft Show One of the largest craft shows in Ontario takes place in Meaford October 3rd and 4th 2015. Over 200 artisans come to the show to sell a variety of uniquely created crafts.
- Blue Mountains Apple Pie Trail Visit the Town of Blue Mountains and follow the trail to discover areas within the region that sell a variety of apple products.
- Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Port Elgin is holding a festival this weekend that features a contest between farmers to grow the largest pumpkin and other farm produce. In 2004, a record for the world’s largest pumpkin was awarded at this event.
- 12th Annual Hiking Festival Bruce Penninsula The Bruce Trail Club is hosting a Hiking Festival from October 2nd to the 4th 2015. Join the Trail Club to discover some of the most scenic parts of the Bruce Trail.
In 2011 Jamie and Yolanda Cameron’s 16 year old son Wes died by suicide. After Wes’s death his parents created Wes foryouthonline.ca. They wanted young people to know that it’s ok to have problems and that it’s ok to ask for help. Wes foryouthonline.ca offers an online safe place where teens can get free one on one counselling from mental health counsellors. Their web site provides resources for teens and parents concerning life issues and mental and emotional wellness. At Wes foryouthonline.ca you will find more information about this valuable resource for youth aged 13 to 19 in Grey, Bruce and surrounding areas.
The Keady Market is an outdoor market that takes place rain or shine every Tuesday from 7am to 1pm. The Livestock auction begins at 9am. At times up to 250 vendors can be found at the market selling a wide variety of produce, deli meats, crafts and home baking. The Keady Market is s a unique experience that helps connect you with the Farmers and Producers who feed you. Supporting your local market is an easy way to obtain locally grown healthy foods while supporting your community. The Keady Market is located in Keady Ontario at the intersection of Grey Road 3 and Grey County Road 16. More information about the market, including a google map link to their location, can be found on the Keady Market Website.
Keystone Child, Youth and Family Services is a child, youth, and family service agency. The programs offered by Keystone are intended to help expectant mothers, infants, children, youth and their families. They deliver free information, counselling, and added support for families. A referral is not required to access the FREE private and confidential services. More information about programs offered throughout Grey and Bruce Counties can be found at Keystone Child, Youth and Family Services.