Although we don’t have any control over the weather, we can use common-sense to prepare and stay safe. Here are five strategies everyone can use to stay safe when walking this winter.
- Walk slowly and deliberately and wear boots or other slip-resistant footwear.
- Keep walkways clear by shoveling snow or scrapping ice.
- Use extra caution when getting in and out of vehicles.
- Watch for slippery floors when entering buildings.
- Keep hands empty so your arms are free to move for stabilization. Try using a backpack when possible.